Saturday March 11 (We encourage you to sign up by March 3rd)
8:30am-1pm, followed by an optional bring-your-own lunch portion from 1-1:30pm.
Breakfast will be provided.
Location: Fenway Community Center, 1282 Boylston Street, Boston.
All levels of advocacy experience are welcome. Teens through seniors are encouraged to attend. This training is free, with an optional suggested donation of $10, payable at the door. Our goal is to have representation from every neighborhood of Boston.Here’s what the Advocacy Bootcamp will include:
- The In’s and Out’s of the Boston Parks & Recreation Department
- Evolution from outsider advocates to insider partners
- Break-out sessions on the following:
- How to engage the community in park stewardship
- How to fund park improvements
- How to prioritize and advocate for park needs
- Best practices for DCR state park friends groups
- An opportunity for everyone to contribute to crafting a list of open space projects to be considered for Community Preservation Act (CPA) funds.*
- Tips on state level legislative advocacy and building relationships with elected officials (during optional lunch-time portion)